Holisticare Hospice has provided a list of organizations and research sources to help you to better understand the hospice benefit
Regulatory and Hospice & Palliative Care Organization Links:
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) is the largest membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. The organization is committed to improving end-of-life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is the US federal agency that administers Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program. This link takes you directly to the Hospice Center page of the CMS Web site.
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging The PA Department of Aging is responsible for the administration of all Aging programs and services for the commonwealth, promoting prevention and protection for older Pennsylvanians. provides a wealth of information including caregiver support, health and wellness, help at home, housing, insurance, meals, transportation, etc. It also provides related news and resources for professionals and providers.
- PA Advance Directives PA Caring Info provides a collection of up-to-date materials to help with preparing advance health care directives, a durable power of attorney and a living will. These important documents should be considered by everyone so that they can indicate their preferences and remove any doubt about what is desired.
- Paying for Senior Care Pennsylvania has created an entire website devoted to help with understanding financial options related to long term care. This site provides an overview of care options, financial assistance tools, resources and contacts.
- New Jersey Hospice and Palliative Care Organization represents hospices across the State of New Jersey and provides hospice information and education.
- The New Jersey Department of Health regulates hospice care in New Jersey.
- Growth House, Inc. provides this portal as an international gateway to resources for life-threatening illness and end of life care.
- The Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) provides health care professionals with the tools, training and technical assistance necessary to start and sustain successful palliative care programs in hospitals and other health care settings.
- The Dartmouth Atlas Project works to accurately describe how medical resources are distributed and used in the United States. The project offers information and analysis regarding national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians, in order to provide a basis for improving health and health systems.
- EDELE (Epidemiology of Dying and End-of-Life Experience) is an access point for healthcare providers, community service agencies, advocacy organizations, health services researchers, and state policy makers to find data about the experience of end of life
- The Brown University Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, with funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is engaged in a research effort to use both existing and new data collections to describe the dying experience in the United States of America utilizing maps which display geographical data about quality of end-of-life care.
- The National Center for Health Statistics is a U.S. agency that compiles statistical information to guide actions and policies to improve the health of the United States.
- The Symptom Research interactive clinical research textbook contains over 20 chapters on different aspects of clinical pain and symptom research.
- PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 17 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles dating back to the 1950's. It includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
- Shaare Zedek Reference Database is a searchable database of over 30,000 references related to Cancer Pain and Palliative Care.
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization website is a searchable database with journal articles, web sites, books, conference papers and sessions, organizations, program assessment and improvement tools.
Contact us at referral@HolisticareHospice.org